By Anthony H. V. Schapira DSc MD FRCP FMedSci, C. Warren Olanow MD
This succinct quantity deals an up to date evaluation and comparability of the treatment plans on hand for Parkinson's affliction, and gives evidence-based tips about applicable remedies for particular cases.
- Offers specialist suggestions at the most sensible cures from specialists within the field.
- Delivers specialist tips on drug remedies, actual treatments, and surgical interventions.
- Discusses stipulations corresponding to melancholy · hallucinations · cognition · and sleep disorders.
- Explores neuroprotection in Parkinson's disease.
- Provides insights into destiny therapies.
Read Online or Download Principles of Treatment in Parkinson's Disease, 1e (Vol 2) PDF
Similar neurology books
In our industrialized global, we're surrounded through occupational, leisure, and environmental noise. Very loud noise damages the inner-ear receptors and ends up in listening to loss, next issues of verbal exchange within the presence of historical past noise, and, almost certainly, social isolation. there's less public wisdom in regards to the noise publicity that produces simply transitority listening to loss yet that during the longer term leads to listening to difficulties as a result harm of high-threshold auditory nerve fibers.
The period of healing nihilism in dementia has ended, with the emergence of brokers for symptomatic remedy, those who hold up the process the ailment or hinder the onset of dementia, and new ways to deal with signs. With the growth of remedies, there's a transparent risk of being crushed by way of the quantity of information.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference e-book. It provides a whole clinical dictionary overlaying thousands of phrases and expressions when it comes to carpal tunnel syndrome. It additionally provides wide lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the best way to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of net assets.
This e-book comprehensively reports the present nation of scientific trial equipment in a number of sclerosis remedy, delivering investigators, sponsors and experts with present wisdom of final result measures and research designs for illness and symptom administration. The prestige of the speedily evolving box of disease-modifying medications is gifted, with emphasis at the so much promising treatments at the moment being validated.
- The Stroke Clinician's Handbook: A Practical Guide to the Care of Stroke Patients
- Prevention of Stroke
- Clinical trials in neurology : design, conduct, analysis
- Huntington Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Extra info for Principles of Treatment in Parkinson's Disease, 1e (Vol 2)
17. Lees AJ, Stern GM. Sustained bromocriptine therapy in previously untreated patients with Parkinson’s disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1981;44:1020–1023. 18. Parkinson’s Disease Research Group in the United Kingdom. Comparisons of therapeutic effects of levodopa, levodopa and selegiline, and bromocriptine in patients with early, mild Parkinson’s disease: three year interim report. Br Med J 1993;307:469–472. 19. Montastruc JL, Rascol O, Senard JM, Rascol A. A randomised controlled study comparing bromocriptine to which levodopa was later added, with levodopa alone in previously untreated patients with Parkinson’s disease: a five year follow-up.
Neurology 1982;32:69–72. 47. Laihinen A, Rinne UK, Suchy I. Comparison of lisuride and bromocriptine in the treatment of advanced Parkinson’s disease. Acta Neurol Scand 1992;86:593–595. 48. Battistin L, Bardin PG, Ferro-Milone F et al. Alpha-dihydroergocryptine in Parkinson’s disease: a multicentre randomized double blind parallel group study. Acta Neurol Scand 1999;99:36–42. 49. Obeso JA, Luquin MR, Martinez-Lage JM. Lisuride infusion pump: a device for the treatment of motor fluctuations in Parkinson’s disease.
Mov Disord 2001;16:960–962. 143. Simpson DM, Davis GC. Case report of neuroleptic malignant syndrome associated with withdrawal from amantadine. Am J Psychiatry 1984;141:796–797. 144. Takubo H, Harada T, Hashimoto T et al. A collaborative study on the malignant syndrome in Parkinson’s disease and related disorders. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2003;9(Suppl. 1):S31–41. 145. Pfeiffer RF, Sucha EL. “On/off”-induced lethal hyperthermia. Mov Disord 1989;4:338–341. 146. Ikebe S, Harada T, Hashimoto T et al.