By Dan Luss and Vern W. Weekman, Jr. (Eds.)
content material: Chemical reactor modeling : the fascinating and the a possibility / R. Shinnar --
Liquid-supported catalysts / C.N. Kenney --
Coal conversion response engineering / C.Y. Wen and S. Tone --
shipping phenomena in packed mattress reactors / E.U. Schlünder --
Environmental response engineering / John H. Seinfeld --
The layout of gas-solids fluid mattress and comparable reactors / W.P.M. Van Swaaij --
Gas-liquid reactors / J.C. Charpentier --
Biochemical response engineering / Arthur E. Humphrey --
Catalyst deactivation / John B. Butt and Rustom M. Billimoria.
Read or Download Chemical Reaction Engineering Reviews—Houston PDF
Similar chemical books
Fabrics technological know-how and expertise is a seminal paintings and crucial reference providing entry to a veritable compendium of data masking crucial periods of fabrics present in undefined, together with: metals, ceramics, glasses, polymers, semiconductors and composites. also, fabrics technology and know-how offers with the purposes, processing, and primary ideas linked to those fabrics.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) relies at the proven fact that yes nuclei express a magnetic second, orient through a magnetic box, and take up attribute frequencies within the radiofrequency a part of the spectrum. The spectral traces of the nuclei are hugely prompted through the chemical surroundings i. e. the constitution and interplay of the molecules.
The Advances in Chemical Physics sequence offers the chemical physics box with a discussion board for serious, authoritative reviews of advances in each zone of the self-discipline. • This is the single sequence of volumes to be had that provides the innovative of analysis in chemical physics. • Includes contributions from specialists during this box of study.
- Vapor-liquid Equilibria Using Unifac: A Group-Contribution Method
- Evaluating Process Safety in the Chemical Industry: A User's Guide to Quantitative Risk Analysis (A CCPS Concept Book)
- Chemical Processing of Ceramics, Second Edition (Materials Engineering)
- Principles of Food Chemistry
- Dynamical Systems and Irreversibility: A Special Volume of Advances in Chemical Physics, Volume 122
- Mass transfer with chemical reaction in multiphase systems (NATO ASI series)
Extra info for Chemical Reaction Engineering Reviews—Houston
31. Liss, B. , AIChE (1976) Symposium series, Vol. 72, No. 153, p. 28. 32. Liss, B. D. Thesis (1975) City College of New York. 33. Glasser, D. (1973), Mat. Res. Bull. 8, 413. 34. W. et al. (1976) Hydrometallurgy 57, 1. 35. X. (1968), I&EC Proc. Des. Dev. 1968 3, 381. 36. , Shinnar, R. (1963) Ind. Eng. Chem. Fund. 2, 278. 37. Silverstein, J . and Shinnar, R. (1975) I&EC Proc. Des. & Dev. 14, 127. 38. Kumi, I. , Wiley, 1969. 39. F. , Fluidized Particles, Cambridge University Press, 1973. 40. Krambeck, F.
Proper c o o p e r a t i o n w i t h designers and developers r e q u i r e s t h a t our r e s u l t s should not come "deus ex machina" from a computer, but should be c l e a r l y i n t e l l i g i b l e so t h a t they r e i n f o r c e and extend t h e i r i n t u i t i o n and experience. That does not mean we cannot use complex computer program. We j u s t have t o take the t r o u b l e t o c o n s t r u c t them i n a way t h a t we can c l e a r l y e x p l a i n t h e i r r e s u l t s and the u n c e r t a i n t i e s i n v o l v e d i n t h e i r p r e d i c t i o n s .
The c o m p l e x e f f e c t o f t e m p e r a t u r e o n t h e r a t e o f t h e o v e r a l l r e a c t i o n may a l s o be a c c o u n t e d f o r s a t i s f a c t o r i l y i n t e r m s o f t h i s m e c h a n i s m . For m e l t s c o n t a i n i n g e q u i m o l a r amounts o f p o t a s s i u m a n d c o p p e r c h l o r i d e s i t was f o u n d t h a t t h e a p p a r e n t a c t i v a t i o n e n e r g y i s a p p r o x i m a t e l y 28 k c a l / m o l o f h y d r o g e n c h l o r i d e o x i d i s e d .