By Ik-Kyung Jang
OCT is quickly being followed in cardiology perform. even though, hole exists among the rate of know-how improvement and the data of cardiologists. Many cardiologists aren't conversant in photograph interpretation and don’t have sufficient background/knowledge to exploit the knowledge in medical perform. This publication could be designed for busy interventional cardiologists to develop into quick conversant in this rising expertise so as to benefit from its strength increase sufferer care and consequence.
Read Online or Download Cardiovascular OCT Imaging PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Univ. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. textual content experiences all elements of middle failure analysis and administration. presents problem-solving steps in office-based/ambulatory care. comprises evidence-based healing ideas for treating sufferers with dyspnea, fatigue, or edema, following the hot ACC/AHA center failure instructions.
Booklet annotation no longer to be had for this identify. identify: Encyclopedia of Cardiovascular ResearchAuthor: Collins, James A. (EDT)Publisher: Nova technology Pub IncPublication Date: 2012/09/30Number of Pages: 918Binding kind: HARDCOVERLibrary of Congress:
OCT is quickly being followed in cardiology perform. although, hole exists among the rate of expertise improvement and the information of cardiologists. Many cardiologists will not be acquainted with picture interpretation and don’t have sufficient background/knowledge to take advantage of the knowledge in medical perform.
This accomplished textbook at the echocardiographic evaluation of pediatric and congenital middle disorder has been up-to-date for a moment version with an emphasis on new applied sciences. This highly-illustrated full-color reference includes over 1200 figures, and gives over six hundred movies on a spouse web site.
- Physical Examination of the Heart and Circulation
- Hypertension (Oxford Cardiology Library)
- The Art and Science of Cardiac Physical Examination: With Heart Sounds and Pulse Wave Forms on CD (Contemporary Cardiology)
- Clinical Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 2e
- The Year in Interventional Cardiology 2002
- EKG Plain and Simple (4th Edition)
Additional info for Cardiovascular OCT Imaging
With miniature side-looking fiber optic probes, deployed through a narrow, flexible catheter, intravascular OCT investigates the wall of the coronary arteries. The optical probe rotates within a transparent sheath and with a combined pullback motion performs a helical scanning pattern on the luminal surface of the vessel. During acquisition, blood – which is translucent and obscures optical image formation – is temporarily displaced by the infusion of saline or contrast agent through the guide catheter.
The collapse of a beam approaching a focus is mirrored symmetrically by expansion of the diameter (diffraction) as the beam propagates beyond the focus. The smaller the focal spot diameter, the more rapid the collapse and expansion. At a distance z0 = (1/2)kw02, the waist has increased by a factor sqrt(2). The Rayleigh-range of length 2z0, centered on the focal plane is used to define the depth of field (DOF). Structure within the DOF is imaged with a lateral definition of within a factor of sqrt(2) of that at the focal plane.
22. Tanno N, Ichimura T, Saeki A, inventors. Device for measuring the light wave of a reflected image, Japanese Patent Application, 2-300169. 1994. 23. Rollins AM, Izatt JA. Optimal interferometer designs for optical coherence tomography. Opt Lett. 1999;24(21):1484–6. 24. Swanson EA, Izatt JA, Hee MR, Huang D, Lin CP, Schuman JS, et al. In vivo retinal imaging by optical coherence tomography. Opt Lett. 1993;18(21):1864–6. 25. Fercher AF, Hitzenberger CK, Drexler W, Kamp G, Sattmann H. In vivo optical coherence tomography.