By K. C. Ferdinand MD, A. Armani MD (auth.), Keith C. Ferdinand MD, Annemarie Armani MD (eds.)
Cardiovascular center disorder mortality in African american citizens is the top of all significant racial/ethnic subpopulations within the usa. reading race and ethnicity, heart problems in Racial and Ethnic Minorities will display that there are unacceptable healthcare disparities in probability issue incidence, illness states, and cardiovascular results within the usa. Written through a staff of specialists, heart problems in Racial and Ethnic Minorities examines to what measure biomedical and clinical literature can make clear the influence of genetic version as opposed to surroundings as regarding heart problems. Chapters illustrate the importance of cardiovascular and metabolic disparities and the impact of surroundings on diseases.
Read or Download Cardiovascular Disease in Racial and Ethnic Minorities PDF
Best cardiovascular books
Univ. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. textual content studies all elements of middle failure analysis and administration. offers problem-solving steps in office-based/ambulatory care. comprises evidence-based healing ideas for treating sufferers with dyspnea, fatigue, or edema, following the recent ACC/AHA center failure instructions.
Ebook annotation now not on hand for this name. identify: Encyclopedia of Cardiovascular ResearchAuthor: Collins, James A. (EDT)Publisher: Nova technology Pub IncPublication Date: 2012/09/30Number of Pages: 918Binding kind: HARDCOVERLibrary of Congress:
OCT is quickly being followed in cardiology perform. besides the fact that, hole exists among the rate of know-how improvement and the data of cardiologists. Many cardiologists are usually not conversant in photograph interpretation and don’t have sufficient background/knowledge to take advantage of the knowledge in scientific perform.
This entire textbook at the echocardiographic overview of pediatric and congenital center ailment has been up to date for a moment variation with an emphasis on new applied sciences. This highly-illustrated full-color reference comprises over 1200 figures, and gives over six hundred movies on a better half site.
- Textbook of Clinical Electrocardiography
- ECG from Basics to Essentials: Step by Step
- Cardiac Reconstructions with Allograft Tissues, 1st Edition
- The cardiovascular system at a glance, 4th Edition
- Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists: Current Perspectives
- Techniques in Testing, Edition: Trade
Additional resources for Cardiovascular Disease in Racial and Ethnic Minorities
Chapter 2/Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases and Risk Factors 41 Hospitalizations, especially for chronic heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, and stroke, constitute an important cause of morbidity from cardiovascular diseases. Among Medicare enrollees aged 65 years and older, whites had the highest prevalence of hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction (53,54).
39. Steinberg HO, Paradisi G, Cronin J Type II diabetes abrogates sex differences in endothelial function in premenopausal women. Circulation 2000; 101(17):2040–2046. 40. Koh KK, Kang MH, Jin DK, et al. Vascular effects of estrogen in type II diabetic postmenopausal women. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 38(5):1409–1415. 41. Shekelle PG, Rich MW, Morton SC, et al. Efficacy of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and beta-blockers in the management of left ventricular systolic dysfunction according to race, gender, and diabetic status: a meta-analysis of major clinical trials.
Therefore, language and cultural barriers in conjunction with low socioeconomic status and decreased literacy are important determinants affecting healthcare outcomes. Additionally, clinicians must recognize adverse dietary patterns and other lifestyles. Integrated, multidisciplinary teams are beneficial in the elimination of disparities; these partnerships may include nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and community health advocates, along with physicians. One multidisciplinary approach in an inner city African American male cohort effectively controlled blood pressure and improved LVH (27).