By Alan Cole, Raena Jackson Armitage, Brandon R. Jones, Jeffrey Way
Wicked WordPress topics is a step by step advisor to making appealing subject matters for the world's most well liked CMS, WordPress. through following the book's recommendation, readers can produce designs which are aesthetically beautiful, constant, and for-purpose -whether it truly is for his or her personal use, or to force a excessive fee at the topic market. All aspects of subject layout are coated: from layout, coding, and deployment, to making sure readers' designs are ready-to-go once they're put in. depraved WordPress topics teaches readers tips to leverage subject matter layout frameworks to dramatically shorten improvement time, permitting them to go into the topic marketplace faster.
Read or Download Build Your Own Wicked WordPress Themes PDF
Similar web-design books
. .. maintaining with the most recent most sensible practices in Flash and database layout is a tricky method. Joachim Schnier brings those practices jointly in a concise, and straightforward to persist with demeanour in Flash XMLApplications. a must have within the net 2. zero period. - Erik V. Pohovich, grasp internet Developer, New internet TechnologiesUsing XML to have interaction with a database is a must have ability for a person that wishes to carry dynamic content material .
Drawing on survey statistics from over 5,400 net designers from all over the world, and the insights and stories of numerous layout veterans, Amanda Hackwith unlocks the door and sheds mild on the internet layout in website design private. have you puzzled in case your hourly expense is simply too low or too excessive?
- DHTML and CSS Advanced: Visual QuickPro Guide
- Anonymous Blogging with WordPress and Tor
- Visualizing the Semantic Web: XML-Based Internet and Information Visualization
- WordPress plugin development : beginner's guide : build powerful, interactive plugins for your blog and to share online
- AdvancED DOM Scripting: Dynamic Web Design Techniques
- Money For Content and Your Clicks For Free: Turning Web Sites, Blogs, and Podcasts Into Cash
Extra resources for Build Your Own Wicked WordPress Themes
The widget interface in WordPress A good WordPress theme should enable publishers to use as many widgets as they want, and include them in a number of areas on the site without breaking the theme’s style or layout. This allows for more flexibility and increases the value a blogger gains from the theme. We’ll go into much more detail about how to include custom widgets and prepare sections of your theme for widgets in Chapter 6; in the meantime, just remember that some parts of your pages should be reserved for widget placement.
6. An alternative sitemap In these two sitemap examples, notice how users arrive at the blog content differently. 5, the home page serves as a hub for all the blog content. 6, all the blog content is tucked away in a blog section, which is reached by clicking a link on the home page. What you do with your own sitemap will ultimately depend on how you want to guide users through your theme. The Wireframe When building wireframes for a WordPress theme, you need to sketch out the sections of the layout that are reserved for particular kinds of content.
Generally, posts are published periodically and used for any kind of timely content such as news items, blog entries, episodes of a podcast, stories, and so on. WordPress pages are different from posts, in that they are static and not date-sensitive. Authors usually use pages for content like About information or Contact Us. A theme can have as many pages as the author wishes, and publishers can even use subpages to establish page hierarchy; however, the majority of sites use only a handful of top-level pages at most.