By Mitchell Moffit
From the creators of the wildly well known and heavily medical YouTube channel, AsapSCIENCE, comes enjoyable, irreverent, and completely obtainable solutions to the questions you by no means received to invite in technology class.
Why can we get hung over? What could ensue when you stopped slumbering? Is binge-watching television really undesirable for you? Why should still I take an influence nap? of their first-ever ebook, Mitchell Moffit and Greg Brown, the geniuses in the back of YouTube channel AsapSCIENCE, clarify the real technological know-how of ways issues paintings of their trademark hilarious and engaging fashion.
Applying the joys, illustrated layout in their addictive video clips to themes starting from mind freeze to hiccups to the technological know-how of the snooze button, AsapSCIENCE takes the underpinnings of biology, chemistry, physics, and different difficult sciences and applies them to way of life via quirky and relatable examples that might entice either technological know-how nerds and those that didn’t ace chemistry. this can be the technology that folks truly are looking to research, shared in a pleasant, attractive type. And within the spirit of technological know-how, no topic is taboo. Amid the humor is excellent info and cocktail dialog fodder, all thoughtfully provided. no matter if you’re a complete beginner or the following Albert Einstein, this consultant is bound to teach and entertain...ASAP.
Read or Download AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena PDF
Best anatomy books
A accomplished reference advisor to the winning functionality of pediatric autopsies and to the optimum popularity and interpretation in their pathologic findings. The authors hide such significant developmental problems as hydrops, chromosomal defects, and congenital abnormalities, metabolic issues, and overview the main organ platforms.
On the grounds that our first manned area flights we've got realized a lot approximately how the human physique adapts to the distance surroundings and particularly, to the absence of gravity. This e-book explains the how and why in the back of the puffy faces, nausea, and bone calcium loss so universal to astronauts who event 0 gravity.
The newest variation of this well-established, available creation to neurophysiology succeeds in integrating the disciplines of neurology and neuroscience with an emphasis on rules and practical ideas. In Neurophysiology: A Conceptual process, 5th version, the authors carry a fresh substitute to "learning by means of rote," using numerous suggestions to motivate knowing.
- Mechanical Circulatory Support Therapy in Advance Heart Failure
- Basiswissen Physiologie (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Resistance Training Instruction - 2nd Edition
- PARP Inhibitors for Cancer Therapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- Strength Training Anatomy - 2nd Edition
- Dawn of the Neuron: The Early Struggles to Trace the Origin of Nervous Systems
Extra info for AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors, and Unexplained Phenomena
When we remove hair by shaving, it’s cut at the thickest point and at a blunt angle. While the stubble may appear slightly thicker, in truth, it really isn’t. The size of your follicle determines the thickness of the hair, and shaving the dead hair shafts can’t change that. But you swear it feels thicker, right? Think of it like a long tree branch. When it’s long, it’s quite flexible; however, after being cut to only a few inches, it becomes much more difficult to move and effectively feels more rigid.
30. WHICH IS WORSE: CHILDBIRTH OR BEING KICKED IN THE BALLS? v=FJeuK1Pl2bQ 31. 32. We’ve all been cautioned at one point or another that once you shave, your hair will grow back thicker or darker than it was before. In fact, some say it even grows faster after shaving. Is there any truth to these warnings? 33. The hair on your body is, in a way, like an iceberg! Much of what you see is only a portion of the whole. The part of your hair that is actually living is called the bulb, and it is located under the surface of your skin.
53. 54. It’s a question that has perplexed humanity from as early as the ancient Greeks all the way to the twenty-first century, and we’re still dying to know: Which came first—the chicken or the egg? 55. The question would be simple if we took it literally. Egg-laying animals existed around 340 million years ago, long before chickens came about, so technically the egg came before the chicken. But this question, better worded as “the chicken or the chicken egg,” focuses more on the cyclical cause and consequence; that is, if a chicken is born from an egg, where did the egg come from?